Healthcare facilities require a substantial amount of clean water to operate. With more than 280,000 water disruptions annually, accessible drinking water is a major concern for most healthcare facilities. To date, most facilities have assumed that the only solution was bottled water, which is expensive, takes up critical space and does not address other critical water needs.
The issue of emergency water is twofold. The first issue is providing drinking water to your patients and staff. The second issue, which does not get nearly as much attention during these water disruptions, is sustaining other critical operations that require pressurized water, such as ice machines, sterilization and food services.
What if there was a cost-effective and efficient solution that addressed both of these issues and also satisfied state and The Joint Commission drinking water requirements while saving your hospital time, money and precious inventory space?
Med Sled® has partnered with First Water®, the #1 provider of mobile water purification systems in the healthcare segment, to develop an Emergency Drinking Water Program that can replace the ineffective and outdated reliance on bottled water. This program has the following benefits:
- Provides a great ROI. When considering the cost of the water, management time, cost of storage space and the size of your facility, you will pay for the permanent system in less than 2 years
- Enables facilities to produce drinking water on demand for patients and staff
- Satisfies The Joint Commission and state requirements
- Eliminates the need for pallets of bottled water
- Eliminates the annual operating cost of purchasing bottled water
- Scalable to address your pressurized water needs such as ice, food services and more
Med Sled®’s Emergency Drinking Water Program provides a cost-effective, quality solution that addresses all of your drinking water requirements. Let us save you money and time. Contact your Med Sled® Regional Sales Manager for a cost analysis and Return on Investment summary based on your facility’s needs.
“When I looked at the devastation of the tsunamis and the situation after Hurricane Katrina, I realized that the time delay in getting bottled water is extreme. Stockpiling water is simply not feasible. If you are vulnerable to geological or water events, I recommend the solutions from First Water.”
Will Ewing – Fire Chief & City Emergency Manager,Toledo, OR