Schools and Universities
Equipment is a critical component to your emergency evacuation plans. If you have to many, you are wasting precious funding, if you don’t have enough then you are putting lives at risk. At Med Sled® we take great pride in the services and assistance we provide to our customers as they work through this process. We understand that every school within a district is unique and as such will require a unique solution. One of the services we offer our customers is a detailed Emergency Evacuation Equipment Readiness Assessment. We spend a great deal of time working with you to understand your needs, protocols, facilities layout and student needs. With this data we can simulate your equipment needs and determine the proper mix of evacuation equipment needed to effectively and efficiently evacuate your facilities.
If you would like more information on this service please see our Support Services Section or contact yourRegional Sales Manager.
One, however, most protocols call for a two person team approach when handling ambulatory patients. Emergency evacuation is no effort. This is the safest for both the staff conducting the evacuation as well as the people requiring evacuation assistance. If a two person team is not an option and the evacuees safety is at risk, Med Sled® Evacuation Products can be used safely by one person.
Each Med Sled® comes in it’s own individual storage bag with shoulder strap for quick and easy mobilization. We offer several wall mount storage devices and steel cabinets. These are available for storing quantities of Med Sleds® in close proximity to where they would be needed dispersed throughout the facilities. Our assessments can identify storage areas.
- Over 3,500 Hospitals have chosen Med Sled® as their preferred evacuation device
- Med Sled® Adult Evacuation Equipment is the preferred evacuation device in 18 of the top 20 “Honor Roll” Hospitals ranked U.S. News & World Report 2013 Edition
- Med Sled® Pediatric Solution is in 11 of the top 12 “Honor Roll” Children’s Hospitals ranked by U.S. News & World Report
- Sold over 50,000 Med Sleds® in the USA alone
- Healthcare – Hospitals, Long Term Care, Nursing Homes, Rehab Centers, Clinics
- Schools & Universities
- First Responders (Police, Fire, EMS)
- Industrial / Manufacturing / Mining
- US Military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coastguard)
No, Med Sled® Evacuation Devices does not require assembly. Our Med Sled® product line is 100% assembled and each sled has it’s own storage bag. The Med Sled® can be deployed and ready to load patients in less than 10 seconds.
Yes, very simple to use. We believe our products meet the needs of our customers in their worst case scenario. Whether chaos is due to an emergency evacuation, loss of electricity, elevators not operating or not having outside assistance, Med Sled® is there – simple and easy to use. When timing is critical due to a gas leak, fire or structural damage – Med Sled® is there.
Med Sled® evacuation products have been proven in true emergencies – not just drills. Some recent events include: EF5 Tornado at Mercy Hospital in Joplin, MO, during Hurricane Sandy in the evacuation of NYU Langone Medical Center and New York General Hospital. Med Sled® Evacuation Devices are Disaster Tested and Disaster Proven
Our Med Sled® Evacuation Sleds (Youth-MS28, Standard-MS36, and the Bariatric-MS48) are all manufactured in the USA and made to a high quality standard. Our Patented Parameter Braking Tether secures the entire sled providing additional safety and strength that you will not find in any other evacuation sled. Each of our evacuation sleds are rated to hold a 1,000 lbs.
Yes. The Med Sled® Evacuation Sleds are made out of high density polyethylene (HDPE) which has many beneficial characteristics. These include:
- Decon capable
- Slick surface: Eases the amount of effort it takes to move a patient on to the sled (using the Roll & Pull method) It also reduces the effort needed to slide an evacuee down the hall over and through debris filled hallways and stairwells.
- Durability: HDPE plastic is very durable and protects the patient from debris on the floor.
- Memory management: The Med Sled® maintains it’s shape. When rolled up the sled will stay in roll form. When unrolled, the Med Sled® will maintain it’s cocoon shape. It will take on backboard like qualities that aid in protecting the patient while in the sled.
If you have to move a standard size person and all you have available is a bariatric sled it can be used. It is not optimal, but if the person’s safety is at risk, it will work. In this situation we suggest that you add pillows and sheets on the sides of the person to provide a more snug fit in order to minimize the patient’s movement.
There are times when the Bariatric Med Sled® is preferred over the Standard Med Sled® even if the patient is not baraitric. It is ideal for use when the patient needs to be moved with life support equipment. (IE: ICU Patient) A bariatric sled provides more room for equipment and supplies.